PhD on Impact of IPR on Biodiversity & Biotechnology in India and Designing a Model Biodiversity Information System (2002-2007)
NISCAIR, CSIR, New Delhi (formerly INSDOC)
Associateship in Information Science (AIS) (equivalent to MS in Information Science) with Specialization in Patent information System (1999-2001)
Annamalai University (DDE)
Master in Library & Information Science (MLIS) with specialisation in Academic Library System (2000-2001)
Bachelor in Library & Information Science (BLIS) (1999-2000)
M.Sc in Marine Sc (First Class First-Gold Medalist) with specialization in Biological Oceanography (1990-1992)
B.Sc (Honours) in Zoology with Chemistry & Botany (1990)
Other Educational Qualifications and Training
Got Distinction in General Course on IPR (Online) October 1-November 2010
Awards, Scholarship & Fellowship
Journal of Intellectual Property Rights (JIPR), Vol 8, September 2003, pp 389-399.
[http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/4909/1/JIPR%208(5)%20389-399.pdf]Impact Factor of JIPR: 0.170 (JCR 2010)
2. Analysing Patenting Activity and Investment in Science and Technology in India.
Patentmatics (e-journal), September 2003 [http://www.patentmatics.org/pub2003/pub8a.htm]
3. The Impact of IPR on Biodiversity. Patentmatics (e-journal), June 2003
4 .Role of Patents as Sources of Technical Information in developing countries with Special reference to India
Librarian, Vol 8, 2001, PP.36-44.
5. Intellectual Asset Management
Librarian,Vol 9 & 10, 2002 & 2003,pp.26-32.
6. Genetic Erosion of Agrobiodiversity in India and Intellectual Property Rights: Interplay and some Key Issues.
Patentmatics (e-journal), June 2005[http://www. patentmatics.org/pub2005/pub6c.pdf]
7. Impacts of a Patent on Euryale ferox on Biodiversity at Micro level: A Case Study.
Journal of Intellectual Property Rights (JIPR), Vol 11, November 2006, pp. 430-435.
[http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/3601/1/JIPR%2011(6)%20430-435.pdf] Impact Factor of JIPR:0.170(JCR 2010)
8. Changing Patent Scenario in India.JUAA-WMA Newsletter, IX (I), pp. 7-13
9. Fair Use Vs Copyright Non-Compliance among the Academic Community in Universities of Developing Nations International
Journal of Digital Library Services (IJODLS), Jan-March 2012, Volume-2, Issue-1 [http://www.ijodls.in/9.html]
10. Digital Information Resources for Disaster Management of Libraries and Information Centres
Bangladesh Journal of Library & Information Science, Vol.2 (1) July 2012 pp.12-21
Integration of public, academic and special libraries in order to achieve a
homogenous knowledge society in India: challenges and opportunities
Charaibeti-Golden Jubilee Commemorative Volume , August 2014,Department of Library & Information Science, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, pp 227-233
Monograph Publication for Post Graduate Course on IPR
Written a Course material for ‘Post Graduate Diploma in IPR (PGDIPR)’ conducted by IGNOU and WIPO, Geneva.
Course name (MIP-005): Protection of Industrial Property at the National Level
Book Chapter (in an edited Book)
Modernisation of Libraries: A Challenge in Digital Era (Edited Book) Published by Mahamaya Publishing House, New Delhi-110 002 (INDIA) (ISBN-13:978-81-8325-053-5)
ISBN-10: 3845474114/ISBN-13: 978-3845474113, Published in Oct 24, 2011, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany.
2. An Introduction to Fair Use and Copyright Management of Universities in India ISBN:978-81-7000-819-4
Published by ESS ESS Publications, New Delhi in 2017
Godavari Estuary-pp 599-600
Mannar, Gulf of , Coral Reefs- pp.801-803
Editor: Robert Warren Howarth,Cornell University
Associate Editor: Jacqueline Mohan,University of Georgia
May 2013 · 4 vol. / 1,440 pages
Publisher: Salem Pr Inc , US (May 2013) / Hard Cover
Preliminary Study material prepared for the UGC sponsored WBCS Training course in Basanti Devi College, University of Calcutta
1. Peer-reviewed scholarly International Journal The Journal of World Intellectual Property (JWIP) Published by Blackwell Publishing
2. Peer-reviewer for scholarly International Journal Genomics, Society and Policy Published by the ESRC Genomics Network (EGN) spans UK’s 6 leading Universities and the Dutch Centre for Society and Genomics, is a peer reviewed online journal
Calcutta University Journal of Information Studies (CUJIS)
1. Member of Bankura University (W.B.) Council nominated by the Hon’ble Chancellor from April, 2014.
2. Member of Book Selection Committee, Government of West Bengal appointed by the Honorable Governor of West Bengal in 2011 for the Public Library Development of West Bengal
3. Member of National Mission on Libraries (NML) , West Bengal from 2014.
4. Member of Zonal Railway Users’ Consultative Committee (ZRUCC), Eastern Railway, Ministry of Railways, Government of India as representative of the University of Calcutta from 01.10.2015 to 30.09.2017
5.Member of Board of Studies (BOS) in the University of Calcutta of attached to the Faculty Council for PG Studies for Education, Journalism and Library & Information Science
6. Life Member of FOSET (Forum of Scientists, Engineers & Technologists)
7. Governing Body Member of Surendranth Evening College as University of Calcutta Nominee
8.Governing Body Member of Vidyasagar Evening College in Kolkata as Government Nominee.
9.Governing Body Member of Tara Devi Harakh Chand Kankaria Jain College in kolkata as University of Calcutta Nominee
Papers in Seminars/Conferences
National Seminar & Short Term Course Coordinator
1) Organizing Secretary in 2 Days National Seminar "Rebooting Public Libraries For The 21st Century To Recreate The Future" on March 3rd & 4th, 2016 sponsored by the UGC, RRRLF , Govt of India
2) Coordinated 7 Days Short Term Course "Cross-Cutting Research in Social Sciences for an Inclusive, Innovative and Reflective Society" from 8th March-14th March 2016 organized by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre (HRDC), University of Calcutta
1. Paper accepted and published in QQML2011 (3rd International Conference on Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries) from 24 - 27 May 2011, Athens Greece
Paper title: Copyright and Access Management of E-resources in Digital Libraries in Universities in India, pp.41 [http://www.isast.org/images/Book_Abstracts.pdf]
2. Paper accepted and published in World Library and Information Congress: 77th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, 13-18 August 2011, San Juan, Puerto Rico
SIG: Libraries providing integration, innovation and information for women
Paper title: Realising the Goal of Women Empowerment through Access to Information: Basanti Devi College as a Case Study
Resource Person on ICT
UGC sponsored and collaboration with WEBEL Informatics Ltd. (A Government of West Bengal Undertaking) National Workshop on ICT Literacy from 12th-17th September 2011 in Basanti Devi College, University of Calcutta
1.In the Refresher Course in Environmental Studies (from 3rd March- 22nd March, 2014) Organized by the UGC, Academic Staff college, University of Calcutta.
2. In the Orientation Programme (8th December 2015) in UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Jadavpur University, Calcutta.
4. In the 112 th Orientation Programme (21st December 2015) in UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calcutta, Calcutta.
5. In the 113 th Orientation Programme (25th February 2016) in UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calcutta, Calcutta.
Topic-Copyright for Academia
6. In the UGC-HRDC, University of Calcutta sponsored Principal's meet-cum-workshop held in the Meghnad saha Auditorium, Rajabazar Science College Campus of the University of Calcutta on 19 March 2016, Saturday. The focal theme of the workshop was 'Use of ICT in Higher Education Institutions of India: Opportunities and Challenges'.Topic-Grow with ICT: Create, Connect, Access and Share Knowledge to Grow Together
7. Invited Lecture of the Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta in their Masters in Human Rights Program (2016-17) on 9th December 2016
Topic-IPR and Human Rights: an introduction
8. Invited Lecture on 22nd December 2016 at NIRJAFT, ICAR, Govt. of India Kolkata
Topic-By 1984 Paper Libraries Would Disappear, Except at Museums...We yet to have any…
9. In the 117 th Orientation Programme (5th January 2017) in UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calcutta, Calcutta.
Topic- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR): protecting your creativity
10. In the Refresher Course in Life Sciences (9th January 2017) Organized by the Dept. of Zoology, University of Calcutta (thrust area: Challenges and options in Life Science Research in the developing world today) and by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calcutta, Calcutta.
Topic- IPR in Life Sciences: Unlock & Harness Your Innovative Potential
11. In the Short Term Course in Information Sciences (30th January 2017) Organized by the Dept. of Library & Information Science (thrust area: Open Knowledge & Ethics) and by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calcutta, Calcutta.
Topic- Open Innovation Vs Open Knowledge: emerging a new IPR regime
12. In the Short Term Course (27th February 2017) Organized by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calcutta, Calcutta (thrust area: Computer and Digital Education)
Topic- ICT: a catalyst for learning & innovation
13. In the 5th Celebration of Public Library Day on 31st August 2017 by the Department of Mass Education Extension and Library Services , Government of West Bengal at Nazrul Mancha on "Role of Public Libraries in the Spreading of Education, Culture and Secular Values in Bengal".
14. In 7 days International Workshop (11th-17th October 2017) on Methodological Approach to Research in Language and Social Sciences Organized by the Department of Education, Jadavpur University in collaboration with Byanjanbarna Foundation on 14th October 2017
Topic-Unveiling Intellectual Property Rights
Principal Investigator of the UGC Research Project
Completed UGC sponsored Minor Research Project on Fair Use and Copyright Management in Universities as Principal Investigator.
Title of the Minor Research Project:
“Fair Use of both Analog and Digital Resources by the Academic Community Balancing Stakeholders Interests among the Universities of West Bengal and Designing a Model Copyright Management Policy”.
1. Redefining Information in The Light of the Major Philosophical Discoveries of Physical Mathematical and Biological Sciences
2. Emergence of Information and Communication Technology-realizing the need and heed of Teaching-learning Process (TLP)
Total Research Scholars-8
Yet to be awarded-8
Of them three are Junior Research Fellow (JRF), University Grants Commission, Govt. of India